Organic Soapnuts Laundry Detergent - 500g / 240 washes
Organic Soapnuts are dried fruit shells from India, which contain real natural soap and are completely free from synthetic and toxic ingredients.
They are a natural, non-polluting compostable, alternative to conventional laundry detergents and synthetic soaps.
Made for sensitive skin and allergy & eczema sufferers.
How to use:
1. Place 5 shells into the muslin wash bag provided.
2. Place washbag into drum of washing machine with clothes.
3. Wash clothes as directed by fabric care instructions.
4. Save used shells, and reuse up to four more times.
5. Soapnuts are fragrance free, to add fragrance to your laundry add 15 - 30 drops of (your favourite) essential oil onto the muslin wash bag before washing. Alternatively, you can use linen water after washing.
For heavily soiled clothes / hard water you can use 6-8 shells or 2 cups of Homemade Soapnut liquid (instructions for this are included with the soapnuts).
For slightly soiled clothes / soft water you can use 3 -5 shells or 1 cup of Homemade Soapnut liquid (instructions included)
You can presoak your soapnuts for a few minutes to activate the soap before putting them into the washing machine drum.
To treat stains during wash add 2 tablespoons of Bicarbonate of soda or soda crystals into washing machine drawer. You can also add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar into the drawer with soda/ bicarb to make your own oxygenated cleaner.
To treat stains before wash use the Natural Stain Remover Bar (we sell this too) and / or pre soak in cold water.
Ingredients: Pure 100% Organic Sapindus Mukorossi (soapnut) dried fruit shells
What is included:
- 500g bag of biodegradable soapnut shells (240 washes)
- 1 x small biodegradable muslin wash bag (to use in your washing machine)
- Full instruction leaflet on how to use for laundry
- Full instructions on how to make natural pesticide and a chemical free multi-purpose cleaner.
Packaging: Soapnuts come in a biodegradable muslin bag.
Living Naturally is an award-winning, Biodynamic Skincare, Haircare and Laundry Soap for sensitive skin, created with certified organic wild-crafted Soapnuts.
All of Living Naturally's products are handmade in the UK from 100% vegan, natural and organic, ethically sourced, sustainable & cruelty-free ingredients. Free from SLSs, Parabens, Mineral Oil, Palm Oil, Artificial additives or fragrances.
Why was Living Naturally founded?
Living Naturally is a family business in the UK. In a bid to live more simply after their children were diagnosed with eczema and autism, the founders were introduced to Soapnuts as a possible solution for eczema by a few family members, and began using them to clean everything in the house. When they saw the eczema getting better they realised how amazing these ancient soapy fruits were!
Living Naturally was soon founded and they started selling soapnuts in 2009. Since then a wide-range of award-winning vegan soapnut product lines have been developed, which are produced by this family-owned business based in the UK.