Pink Period Cup - Size M - Fair Squared
Made from 100% fair trade natural latex (which is biodegradable).
Comes with a certified organic cotton drawstring bag to store your cup.
Packaging: Recyclable cardboard box (with small plastic window).
*Full instructions are included with the period cup.
The period cup comes in two sizes medium and large.
Size M holds 12 ml, has a length of 6.65 cm and a diameter of 4.1 cm. Recommendation: Suitable for women who have not given birth and are under 30 of age.
Size L holds 13 ml, has a length of 6.95 cm and a diameter of 4.4 cm. Recommendation: Suitable for women who have given birth or are older than 30 years of age.
Before first use:
Before you use your period cup for the first time, you should disinfect it by immersing it in boiling water for ten minutes.
How to insert your cup:
1. Wash your hands
2. Get comfortable in a relaxed position. You can insert the cup while you are standing, sitting, kneeling or squatting.
3. Dampen the cup under the tap - this will make it easier to insert.
4. Fold the cup. Choose which fold works best for you from the diagrams in the instructions booklet.
5. Insert the fold cup gently upwards and towards your back.
To check whether the cup is placed correctly run you (clean) finger around the cup to make sure it is unfolded or try a very gentle pull on the stem: if you feel a slight resistance the cup is sitting in the correct position. Make sure the cup and stem are not sticking out of the vagina as it would make sitting uncomfortable.
How to remove your cup?
1. Wash your hands
2. Get comfortable in a relaxed position. We suggest a squatting position or sitting on the toilet.
3. Gently squeeze the cup base or insert a clean finger beside alongside the cup to gently nudge it sideways. This will overcome the seal-effect holding it in place, allowing you to easily remove it. Do not just pull on the stem as this can cause discomfort.
4. If you cannot reach the period cup use your pelvic muscles to gently press down until you reach the bottom of the cup with your fingers.
5. Empty the menstrual fluid into the toilet and rinse the period cup. You can now reinsert your period cup.
You can wear your period cup day and night with no need to remove the use the toilet. Depending on how heavy or light your cycle flow is, you can empty the cup every 4 to 12 hours. For beginners we suggest emptying the cup as regularly as you would change a tampon, until you get a better sense of how quickly your flow is filling the cup.
Please note if you wear an IUD or IUs (coil) please consult your gynaecologist or GP before using a period cup.
How to clean and care for your cup?
Cleaning and caring for your cup is very important.
When cleaning make sure the small holes are clear too. During your cycle you can clean your cup with warm water and a mild oil free soap. Rinse the cup well to remove any soap residue.
Before and after your menstrual cycle you should boil your cup for five minutes.
The cotton bag that comes with your cup is ideal for storage. Always store in a dark clean and dry place.
FAIR SQUARED takes fairness to be a two dimensional concept: high quality products and a transparent production process. FAIR SQUARED means that we pay a Fair Trade premium for ingredients we source in countries of the so called ‘developing world’ so that producers, plantation workers and small scale farmers and their families can improve their living and working conditions. FAIR SQUARED aims to deal fairly with everyone involved in the production of our products – humane working conditions, environmental and economic sustainability, no child labour and no animal testing.